One Community Now welcomes people with diverse backgrounds and skills to enrich our programs. We believe the best way to make a lasting impact in Pasco County is through the relationships and partnerships we form as we serve others.
Working Together, Changing Lives!
Every year more than 1000 volunteers contribute over 25,000 hours to support the programs of One Community Now. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a One Community Now volunteer, please call us at 727-849-4724.
Here’s how you can help in each of our programs:
Pack A Sack
- Join a packing team
- Sponsor a child
- Hold a food drive
- Deliver sacks to schools
- Help with the Hunger Walk
- Write Thank You notes
- Assist with food distribution to families in Holiday Lake Estates
Operation Stand Down
- Help to promote the event and fundraise
- Make phone calls to veterans
- Serve at the Stand Down by cutting hair, driving a vehicle, serving food, being a counselor or chaplain, help with set up and clean up, direct cars in the parking lot, check in veterans and much more
- Collect personal hygiene items, socks, backpacks, clothing, underware.
- Donate gift cards to be used as incentives for veterans.
Connections Job Development
- Become a job mentor to someone interested in your career field
- Assist with mock interview
- Resume coaches
- Workshop facilitators
- Assist with landscaping and general yard work
- Painting and general maintanence in the office
- Administrative work
Good Connections Thrift Shoppe
- Donate items
- Assist with collecting donations
- Pricing & Sizing clothing
- Window decorating
- Window cleaning
- Handyman for repairs